COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of boats do you have?
- We currently have six pontoons available for rent
- These boats range from seven to twelve passenger capacity
- All boats have bimini tops to shade a portion of the boat.
How do I rent a boat?
- Simply go to our Reservation page by clicking here: Reserve Or click any of our "Reserve" or "Book now" buttons throughout the site. Then select your category (Pontoons, Day One, or The Lilly Pad), select your date(s), and click “Book Now” beside an available boat. Our website will walk you through the remaining steps to book and pay for your reservation online. I you are looking to reserve a boat for a half day or have any other questions, call 1-844-Tillery.
Is a security deposit required?
To hold a boat for a specific date we require a $100 deposit. This deposit goes toward your total balance and reserves your rental for the day you want.
All rentals also require a refundable security deposit. The refundable security deposit will be $500 per boat. You must pay the refundable security in cash on the day of your rental.
We do a walkthrough of each boat before each rental to confirm the number of life jackets, anchors, and other gear and to note any pre-existing damage. When you return the boat, we will do a final walkthrough to ensure all life jackets, anchors, and boating gear are present and to ensure no damage has occurred during your rental. As soon as we finish this inspection, we will promptly refund your security deposit if no issues are found.
What are your hours? What are the pick up and return time?
- Our hours will mimic the hours of Lilly’s Bridge Marina. For now, boats can be checked out as early as 9:00 AM and must be returned by 6:00 PM.
- Since the boat must be returned with a full tank of gas, we recommend you return at least 15 minutes prior to the marina’s closing time to ensure enough time to fuel up.
- If you rent for more than one day, you can keep the boat overnight at your lake house or dock it at the marina overnight.
Do you allow overnight rentals?
- Yes, we do allow overnight rentals.
- To reserve a boat overnight you will have to pay for two days and the boat is to be returned by end of day (6pm) on your last day.
Do you offer discounts?
- YES! We offer discounts for multi-day rentals and weekday rentals.
- The longer you rent, the cheaper your rate will be per day!
- We also occasionally offer discounts on our Facebook page, so be sure to like us for access to all our future discounts.
What additional charges are required?
- Our boats are full of fuel when you arrive and we ask that you fill up what you used when you get back.
- If any damage occurs you are responsible for the repairs must pay for any damages.
- If boating gear is lost you will be charged the replacement cost.
How is fuel handled?
- All our boats come with a full tank of gas. All we ask is that you fill up the portion of fuel you use before returning the boat. For your convenience, our boats are located at Lilly’s Bridge Marina, which sells boating fuel. The staff at the marina can assist you if needed.
Who can rent a boat? Are there age requirements?
- Per the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, a person must be at least 26 years old to operate a motor boat unless he/she has a NC state-issued boating license. For simplicity, we require all our renters to be at least 26 years old with previous boating experience. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for renters near this age who already have a boating license.
What should we bring?
- The only mandatory item is your Driver’s License for verification of identity.
- Other suggestions include:
- Coolers loaded with your favorite Beverages
- Fishing gear
Does the price go up during holidays?
- Yes, holiday prices do apply. Because of massive increased demand the weekends of Memorial, Independence and Labor Day there is a slight bump in price.
Whats included in your boat rental?
- All of our boats are fully equipped with USCG safety equipment, including life jackets. We also include a map of the area and helpful tips to make your day on the water an adventure you won’t forget.
Any advice for first time renters?
- If you’re new to boating or haven’t operated a boat in a while, we recommend taking an NC Wildlife approved Boating Safety Education Course. North Carolina requires any boat operator under the age of 26 to either possess a boating license or to operate the boat under the supervision of someone at least 26 years of age. More information about boat safety and boating laws can be found at the above link.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
VISIT OUR CONTACT PAGE AND GIVE US A CALL